Pages

Thursday 5 February 2015

Doctor Who Scarf Mittens

I finished my Doctor Who scarf before Christmas, sadly it didn't get to quite full length but wool was running low and it was becoming a trip hazard. It is still more than twice my height. Anyway, it has wormed its way into my heart and now holds the title of 'favourite scarf' so I thought it was about time I made some mittens to match.


The mittens are inspired by my scarf which in turn was inspired by this pattern. All the details about my scarf can be found here. So that they matched I did the main part of the mittens in garter stitch (all knit rows) and used the same (incorrect) colours as I did for the scarf.

Instructioney bit in case you want to make some (without the colour changes):
Using 3mm needles cast on 40 stitches
K2 P2 rib for 20 rows
K 44 rows
K2 P2 rib for 3 rows
Cast off.
Sew down the sides using mattress stitch and remembering to leave a hole for the thumb.

If you want to make some exactly like mine then the left one is, beige for 20 rows in rib and 4 rows in garter stitch, red for 10 rows, orange for 4, navy for 20 rows and green for 6 rows of garter stitch and 3 in rib. The right one is grey for 20 rows in rib and 2 in garter stitch, red for 20 rows, navy for 8, beige for 12 and orange for 2 rows of garter stitch and 3 in rib.

In other news, because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, I've finally started watching Firefly and it is pretty good. Also Crowley's in it which is going to make any show great. Of course I should be doing my work instead but that's what student life is all about :).

Happy knitting :D

1 comment:

  1. From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate. See the link below for more info.


    #deepest
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete