Pages

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Helm's Deep Inspired Jumper

So anyone who's seen Lord of the Rings will know what this refers to. Helms Deep is nearly lost, the Uruk-Hai are breaking into the keep and Aragorn convinces King Theoden to make one last charge. Then to the background of a powerful wailing soundtrack Theoden says "The Horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the deep... one last time!" Just typing that gave me goosebumps, I am such a nerd :).
Anyway, who wouldn't want a jumper to celebrate this moment?



Here I am in the finished jumper. It's not my most flattering colour but I made it for my twin sister so it doesn't matter what it looks like on me :). That is a joke, kinda, but we're not identical and she does actually look a lot better in green than me.

I used the same basic jumper pattern that I make most of my jumpers with, details can be found here. And just in case anyone wants to make a Helm Hammerhand jumper here is the chart I used, designed by my own fair hand. The bulk of the jumper was knitted in Aran but I didn't want to buy new wool just for one tiny dwarf beard so all the other colours were knitted with doubled over DK yarn. It makes those sections slightly thicker but I don't think it really notices/matters.

Colours needed: Black, Grey, Orange, and Pink
Forget boring things like graphs and spreadsheets, knitting patterns is what excel is truly designed for.
As always let me know if you have any questions.

Forth Eorlingas!

 Note: I know it's summer and not really the time of year for jumpers but firstly, I made this some time ago and have only just got round to writing about it and secondly, I live in England so you're only ever a day or two away from jumper wearing weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment