Pages

Sunday 15 March 2015

Avatar Mittens

(The benders, *childish snort*, not the blue people)


Inspired by Aang's orange and yellow outfit and of course his blue arrow.

I made them using 3mm needles and DK wool.
Pattern (make two, but with the arrow on different sides):
Cast on 40sts
In yellow knit 20 rows of K2 P2 rib.
Beginning with a single row of yellow follow chart below for next 22 rows in stocking stitch (starting with a knit row).
Knit 2 rows of K2 P2 rib.
Cast off.
In mattress stitch sew down the sides leaving a hole for the thumb.

Arrow chart

They should now look something like this:


Given the option I probably would have picked a slightly darker orange but the only wool shop within walking distance doesn't have much of a range and the friend's birthday I was making them for was approaching quickly. Let me know if you have any questions or comments :).




In other news I've also learnt how to play the didgeridoo (very badly) and I tried microwaving cake for the first time, best decision I've ever made in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment