Monday, 9 March 2015

LOTR square is finished!

Exhausted panting and expressive eyebrows. "It's done,"
"Yes Mr Frodo, it's over now."
Well I haven't brought down any Dark Lords but I have finished my LOTR square. Sewing in the loose ends was a horrific task but I already want to make another one.



Pretty cool huh? The further away you get the better it looks, for me being incredibly short sighted if I take my glasses off it looks amazing. It makes a nice change to be able to see something better without my glasses on.
The knitting in total it is a quite impressive 97 X 43 cm,2. Though mine is slightly bigger because I crocheted a border (double crochet stitch twice around the square). I'm not even sure what I'm going to turn it into yet, there is the potential for a giant blanket.
I made the pattern on pic2pat.com, for more information and the pattern itself check out my earlier blog post here.