Thursday, 8 January 2015

Moss Stitch

So I failed my driving test for the second time today, life is pain, but I also finished off season 8 of Supernatural (WHY?!) and I learnt how knit in moss stitch so I'm trying to not see this day as a total disaster, *sobs*.

It's actually deceptively simple as I think most things to do with knitting are. You just cast on an odd number of stitches, for the first row you knit 1, purl 1, etc, for the second and third rows you purl 1, knit 1, etc and then for the fourth row you go back to knit 1, purl 1 and repeat those for rows. But Google could have told you that, as it did me, I used How to Knit Moss Stitch-For Dummies, it was about my level, :).




 I love how textured it feels but I do prefer knitting where I don't have to think too much, then I can watch TV at the same time.
In case you hadn't guessed this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship blanket. I wanted to have an excuse to try out lots of different stitches but I don't like knitting without actually making anything at the end and blankets are fun.

Now I'm going to wallow in self-pity, eat too much chocolate and finally finish Spartacus War of the Damned, though I'm sure it will do nothing to cheer me up,  "I looked into your future and I saw death", and I'm not sure my heart can take it :'(, I am aggrandising I know (new word, v.exciting) but if I'm in the right mood I have been known to cry at films such as Beauty and the Beast, Cool Runnings and even Bruce Almighty.

Anyhoo, enough of a ramble has been rambled, I'll leave you with one of my favourite lines from the series, said by my favourite character, A man must do what he can to brace against the sh!t of a simple day and if that isn't the best excuse ever for cracking open the whisky then I don't know what is.

I feel like my first post of the new year should have been more cheerful, but January is definitely the most depressing of all the months.