Monday, 8 December 2014

Granny square update.


It grew! 

It's kind off magical it's so fast.Crochet is really addictive or maybe I just have an addictive personality, it would be wise perhaps of me to steer clear of gateway drugs. But anyway, I really like that crochet requires a lot less elbow room than knitting, no-one’s every been poked in the eye with a crochet hook, and because you only ever have one stitch it is so easy to undo if (when in my case) you make a mistake. I think also, despite them being called granny squares, crochet has less of an old lady stereotype compared to knitting, even the name crochet sounds all french and exciting. Don’t get me wrong, knitting is my life but I am loving how different crocheting is and I'm happy that I no longer have to ignore all the crochet patterns on Ravelry, a whole new world has been opened up to me.


I shall call this masterpiece, 'The Sky in Wool', it is totally avant-garde, totally post modern and available at my latest auction for only £10,000. Ha, I wish.

On a side note, is anyone else really excited for Christmas? I find it weird because normally I'm a total Grinch and complain about all the fuss people make. But this year, I think because I'm living away from home for the first time, I am buzzing, I haven't seen my parents in months now, it has got to the point where I'm voluntarily listening to Christmas music.